Behind the Scenes
The idea for the story came pretty easily. I wanted to depict an average day out that quickly turned into nuclear apocalypse. I knew of this worn-down building downtown, so that’s where the second half of the shoot took place.
I used Pixlr to edit the last two images in the story. Here is the before and after:
I got the bright flash png and the smoke png from pngtree.com, and I took out the chunk from the building by carving it out and deleting it with the lasso tool. I took the same lasso shape, positioned it over some clouds, copied, and pasted them. The resulting clouds fit perfectly into the corner I had cut out. To blend the lines the process created, I took a medium shade of grey and brushed over the disconnect between the background clouds and the pasted clouds.
To convey something bad was going to happen, I under-saturated the photos and added a pale off-white filter to all the images in the series using Instagram.